AFK is a very common expression. AFK can be used in both uppercase and lowercase form. Just remember: typing entire sentences in uppercase is considered rude shouting.
Examples of AFK usage:
- Ooop, afk: I need to let the dogs out
- afk for a minute, phone call
- afk, wife is yelling for me
- afk, I just spilled coffee all over my desk
- afk, boss is coming
- Guys, I have to go afk in about 10 minutes. I'm expecting the pizza delivery guy, but it should be really quick when he gets here.
The AFK expression, like many cultural curiousities of the Internet, is a part of modern English communication.
Read more Internet abbreviations and shorthand expressions...