From the article: The Best VPN Service Providers, 2013
Virtual private networking is becoming a must-have ingredient for daily web use. For reasons of personal privacy when you use a public Wi-Fi network, the ability to access international data in a specific country, or to participate in controversial file sharing: having a VPN connection can make all the difference. Share your thoughts
PureVPN now supports OpenVPN
- For your information PureVPN now supports OpenVPN, they offer FREE android, iPhone/iPad, Windows and MAC app. Also the price you have listed is wrong. They have revised there packages and now it is only $9.95/month with unlimited bandwidth usage. The best package deal is $49.95/year that makes it cheapest of all costing only $4.16/month.
hide my ass is the best vpn
- We tested the top ten VPN programs for six months and found Hide My Ass to the best VPN program for bittorrent clients. read our full reviews at www.besthideipsoftware.com http://hidemyass.com/vpn/r9771/
- —Guest Belinda
Freedom with my VPN
- I use my boxpn vpn whenever I go to European travels. It's a great product that keeps me secure on hotel wifi and I can even stream from my US Netflix service.
- —Guest VPN Lover
Irresponsible service, no redress
- At first strong worked well but the it failed to connect. I was told it was probably blocked by my network so my only option was to upgrade. Unwillingly I did so. However I had to install another programme for this. A week later I got a message saying I had to pay to subscribe to this as well. I was not told that before. In my view strong VPN failed to provide a service and should have refunded fee. However their only response is that refunds are only available within seven days. I consider this dishonest.
- —Guest Susan Featherstone
US Netflix and Hulu Streaming
- I will be living in Germany for 6 months and thanks to boxpn vpn. I'm able to watch my favourite shows as I'm in US. Great service.
- I've been using VexVPN for a few months now, Its offshore so I can do whatever I want on it :D Check it out and use the promo code 'vex2013' for 50% OFF! http://VexVPN.com
- —Guest Dylan
thumbs up for boxpn
- boxpn is far most reliable vpn I used. I'm upgrading for yearly account. They provide 38% discount at the moment. great deal, great service. thank you.
- iVPN is what I use and has great features pricing, and support. ( tinyurl.com/ivpn2013 )
- I recommend IVPN.net. They take user privacy very seriously. They're also members of the Electronic Frontier Foundation, which is why i signed up to them. Been using them for a year, speeds are fast (i've not used any other vpns apart from hidmyass, but i can barely tell the difference when connected to their servers - video streaming/gaming is fine) and price is reasonable. I had a problem setting things up, but the support was great and got things sorted. Also cover iPad/iPhone, but i havent been bothered to set this up yet. I also echo the anti-hidemyass comments. TorrentFreak did a good post on privacy-focused vpns that dont log - http://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-that-take-your-anonymity-seriously-2013-edition-130302/
Try VPN chains (DoubleVPN, QuadroVPN)
- Try zorrovpn.com, it provides VPN chains with no logs and also VPN+Tor. I like it.
- —Guest Ivan Vitov
Strong Vpn gets my vote.
- I agree with the above comments to stay clear of HMA. Been there and won't go back. I've tried a few others on this list but all of them had a similar problem where as I had to switch servers constantly to stay connected. Strong puts you on one server, and 1 ip, they don't overload or "share". I'm in the Philippines and able to stream Netflix. I tried 6 others and stopped when I got to Strong VPN. Enough said.
- I use http://www.lamnia.co.uk/ from the UAE however the service seems to be choked and the support team are not able to offer any solution. I watch TV from the UK and USA however with http://www.lamnia.co.uk/ its so choppy it takes hours to watch a 1 hour show. can anyone help or recomend an alternative?
Many more exist!
- Great list, but hidemyass keep the most logs... you can also check out VPNaccounts.com
- —Guest Jaime
HMA - be aware!
- HMA is to be avoided. I could trace back the ISP they gave me, back to my real ISP with a couple of clicks - It's 'Don't hide My Ass' Completely useless' they will also pass on DCMA notices to your email address. Not to be trusted
- —Guest lazzza98
Thumbs down for Hidemyass
- Hidemyass keeps timestamped logs of all users IP addresses for 2 years. In future it may become easier for authorities to get hold of your details from VPN's (currently they require a court order) which means your anonymity is in jeopardy for up to 2 years from the last date you used HMA. My recommendation is to use a company that keeps absolutely no logs if you value your privacy. It is also not easy getting your money back from HMA as I found out while trying to use their 30 day money back guarantee period. I took a years subscription with them, 2 days later asked to cancel and they refused to return any of my money as I had apparently downloaded 20gb and uploaded 40gb on the max 1mb/s connection i had with them for 2 evenings.
- —Guest John
1-15 of 24Next