Yes, English teachers around the world cringe whenever they see 'wut' in conversations. But on the condition that it is not used in professional documentation, then a double standard exists for this liberal spelling.
Examples of wut as a written expression:
- 'wut is wrong with u? u dont return my calls'
- 'wut do u wanna do tonite?'
- 'i dont know wuts up with her. shes been like that all week'
- 'idc wut we do, as long as it involvs beer'
- wuteva - Whatever
- w/e - Whatever
- wbu - What About You?
- ? - I don't understand the message you just sent
- WTF - What the F*ck?
- idk - I don't know
- idc - I don't care