How 'Rule 34' Is Used Online
Often the theme for demotivational posters and Facebook humor posts, 'Rule 34' is a common facetious caption for perverse and sexual photos. If you ever choose to share a picture of everyday objects behaving sexually, just caption it 'Rule 34' as you post it on Facebook or Pinterest or Instagram. That should ensure that people who see your photo know you are posting for reasons of humor.
Examples of Rule 34:
- Trees have been portrayed as performing sexual acts
- Maps of the continents have been portrayed as coupling
- Star Wars vehicles are also an object of porn
Perhaps Rule 34 is a testimony to human creativity, or perhaps it is a symptom of how sexually-motivated people are. Or perhaps it is both; Rule 34 is a humorous expression that has an undercurrent of truth to it.
Origin of the Modern Rule 34 Expression
While the origin of Rule 34 is up for debate, many believe that it can be traced to a cartoon drawing from the website Zoom-Out in the UK, 2004. Through the use of meme vial spreading, Rule 34 has become a modern expression of daily online conversation.
- The 30 Best Hacker Movies
- The Best Search Engines for Beginners
- How to Properly Research Online
- How to Spot Fake Torrent Files
- The Top 35 Internet Memes